Taste and Smell
I. Review Audition
A. Parts of the Ear
B. Different Theories in packet page 17 Frequency Theory
C. Types of Deafness Case Study and Case Study Continued
D. Sound Localization Demo- Snap Demo
2. Update on the sense of taste.
CBS News on Taste - Article
* Describe the historical belief on the various placement of the various tastes on the tongue.
*Describe current research the debunks original theories. What is the understanding today on where we process taste?
3. Notes on Gustation
4. Sensory Interaction- Smell and Taste Demo
A. Video on Smell and Taste
B. Sensory Interaction: Demos
Homework: Due Wednesday
1. Schoology Practice Quiz #3 Parts of the Ear, Taste, Touch and Smell
2. Crashcourse #6 and Page 21 and 22 in your packet
3. Review guide for Unit 4 (Due Monday, November 20 st)
***For extra credit Wednesday you are able to dress as a Psychological Concept from this Unit. For example dress up as a 1. Neuron (for transduction).
2. Opponent Process Theory (you and a partner)
YOU MUST COMPLETE A SHORT REFLECTION FOR POINTS, THIS WILL BE HANDED OUT IN CLASS.
Homework: Due Thursday
1. Review Guide (Due Monday, November 20st)
2. Study for the Quiz (Video 5, 6, 7 A and B)